August Athletes of the Month - Caron and Elizabeth
Published August 27, 2018
We couldn't be more excited to announce our August Athletes of the Month, Caron and Elizabeth! Typically, we just choose one each month, but with these two best friends - it seemed fitting to have them together. We are so thankful that these ladies walked through our doors 5 years ago. Their presence makes Outsiders a better place and we are SO proud of how far they have come in their fitness.
1. What was your fitness background prior to joining Outsiders?
We had what we would describe as an unfitness background! It wasn’t for lack of trying out new things: a bit of Zumba and some pole dancing wasn't really cutting it for us. We almost died during our first attempt at hot Bikram yoga but we have to admit that we did enjoy resting pose in the pink curtains hung from the ceiling during the Aerial Yoga classes. Perhaps Outsiders might consider hanging some curtains from the ceilings next to the ropes?
2. When did you first start at Outsiders?
52 months ago, three times a week. We think we deserve medals or long service awards.
3. What is your favorite thing about CrossFit?
Even when we were more useless than we are today, everyone was encouraging (and the coaches watched over us enough to make sure that we didn’t knock ourselves out while trying to lift a barbell - we thank you for that!). That gave us the strength and the will to continue. Look at us both now, a pair of star athletes.
4. What is one goal that you have in the next year?
Proper pull ups. It’s a race to see which of us gets there first. Elizabeth is odds on favorite, but Caron is an “Outsider” worth a punt.
5. What is one piece of advice that you would give someone considering Outsiders CrossFit or a new CrossFitter?
Don’t think you need to get in shape first.
6. What do you see as your greatest improvement as well as some other results from doing CrossFit?
We have actual muscle tone, biceps like knots in cotton, abs instead of flab, collar bones, and more friends!