September Athlete of the Month - Brooke Raab
Published September 12, 2017
Congrats to Brooke, our September Athlete of the Month. She is one of the hardest working people we know and always comes to Outsiders with a smile on her face. She has made so much progress this past year and has earned every little bit of it! Keep it up!
1. What was your fitness background prior to joining Outsiders?
I grew up swimming year round, and occasionally lifted weights and did cardio. After I graduated in 2015, I joined a gym and would run a little here and there, and "lift". I thought I was in decent shape... I was wrong!
2. When did you first start at Outsiders?
3. What were your thoughts after your first workout?
First thought: "How am I going to physically walk out of the door?". It was one of the hardest workouts I had ever done.
4. What is your favorite thing about Outsiders CrossFit?
I love that everyone and anyone is capable of doing some modification of the workout. There is so much positivity and encouragement in the gym.
5. What is one goal that you have this year?
I would love to be able to do a muscle up by the end of the year.
6. What is one piece of advice that you would give someone considering Outsiders CrossFit or a new CrossFitter?
1. Do not be afraid of being the last one to finish a workout.
2. You are always stronger than you think. (Something I am still working on...)
7. What do you see as your greatest improvement as well as some other results from doing CrossFit?
I have learned a lot more about nutrition from CrossFit. I am very happy with the way by body composition has changed over the year, and love doing the nutrition challenges as a group.